The 58th annual division convention of CUPE Nova Scotia will be held from May 29 to June 1, 2022, at the Westin Hotel in Halifax.
Download a copy of the convention call and registration materials below.
March 20: application deadline to the Solidarity Convention Assistance Fund
March 29: deadline to submit constitutional amendments
March 29: application deadline for the Solidarity Convention Assistance Fund
April 29: application deadline for childcare or family care services during convention hours
May 9: deadline to submit resolutions
Please note: Hotel reservations and special arrangements are the sole responsibility of the delegates and/or the sponsoring local.
Information and forms
Inside the convention call package you will find the following information and forms:
- Convention call:
- Financial information
- Fees for delegates, alternates, and observers
- Per capita tax fees
- Special assessment fees
- Convention registration form
- Application to the Solidarity Convention Assistance Fund
- Application for child care or family care services during convention hours
- Resolutions and constitutional amendments – Important Information
- Form to submit constitutional amendments
- Diversity Caucus registration information and form
- Policy on scents at convention
- Memorial information and form
Awards, scholarships and bursaries
For instructions on how to nominate a candidate, or how to apply for a scholarship or bursary, please click here.
- Barb Kowlaski Literacy Award
- Betty Jean Sutherland Continuing Care Assistant Bursary
- Betty Jean Sutherland Sister of the Year Award
- Higgins Insurance Scholarship
- Mike McNeil CUPE Atlantic Weeklong School Scholarship
- Occupational Health and Safety Award
- Rocky Jones Bursary
- Steward of the Year
SUNDAY, MAY 29
|5:45 PM||How Your Convention Works||CUPE Union Development has designed this session for new and returning delegates alike to brush up on the rules of parliamentary procedures and how our CUPE Convention works.
|7 PM||Convention opening
*More schedule info to be announced.
CUPE NS has begun planning our 58th annual division convention for May 29 to June 1, 2022.
It is our hope that we will be able to host you all in person once again. I am asking you to keep in mind that while we are now planning for an in-person convention we live in a world where in person meeting plans are less certain. We are prepared to shift to online should that decision be appropriate.
If your local requires a letter of notice be sent to you by way of Canada Post, please notify me at the coordinates provided below. Otherwise notice should we have to change our plans, will be sent by way of email, social media, and our webpage.
We truly look forward to seeing you “in real life”.
Sincere thanks for the work you do every day representing your union.
President, CUPE NS