To: All CUPE Locals Affiliated to CUPE Nova Scotia
RE: CUPE Nova Scotia Committee Vacancies
Sisters and Brothers,
CUPE Nova Scotia needs you! After elections at our most recent CUPE Nova Scotia Convention, we have five standing committees that needs members. Your participation on a committee offers new perspectives to the committee and helps us grow as a union. As a committee member, you become a leader both with CUPE Nova Scotia and within your own local. Plus, it is a great way to meet new people and make new friends!
We currently have vacancies on the following CUPE Nova Scotia committees:
- Political Action Committee – requires 1 young worker
- Women’s Committee – requires 1 young worker
- Health and Safety Committee – requires 1 member
- Contracting Out and Privatization Committee – requires 1 member AND 1 young worker
- Pension Committee – requires 3 members AND 1 young worker* Young workers are those members aged 30 or younger *
If you are interested in one of the above CUPE Nova Scotia committee vacancies please contact:
CUPE NS Recording Secretary
Chris Melanson c/o 271 Brownlow Avenue Dartmouth, NS B3B 1W6
The deadline date is July 11, 2021 to send expressions of interest for these vacancies. The CUPE Nova Scotia Executive Board will make the appointments to the vacancies shortly there- after and will contact the successful applicants.
Thank you for your interest.
CUPE Nova Scotia Executive Board